Sunday, December 14, 2008

Weekends Come and Go!

Well, today is Sunday and you will begin to notice that my most used phrase is "Man, how time flies!" Well, I love weekends because Michael is home and we have time to just be a family.This weekend was no different though we did keep busy. On Friday evening we watched our friends daughter, Rebecca, so that Jake and Jill could attend their squadron Christmas party. Rebecca is the only kid that has ever spent the night with us and the kids always like it. They are more like brother and sister - so the idea of a "sleep over" hasn't even hit them. It was fun. Michael built his best trains with them before sitting down to watch some traditional Christmas movies. Saturday was full of me running around. Who would of thought I would of spent so much time as the post office on Saturday - be forewarned, if you need to ship something do not plan to be in a hurry. The big highlight for my family was probably the fact that I went grocery shopping :) - you know sometimes they are just really easy to please :) Now I do not have to hear Landon say, "We can buy some mom, that sound good?" I also got my first pair of real Crocs and I must say they are really comfortable. These are the winter version so they are lined - comfeeee! I do a little mystery shopping here and there so when all is said and done, my $40 shoes will cost me $13. Not to shabby.

We finally got together with Jake and Jill on Saturday night for what use to be a regular game night. It is always fun to get out of my house and enjoy some adult time. The kids do great going to sleep over there in "their room". Honestly, I have been better with keeping the house lately but Jill's is always clean so it is nice - I always have one friend everywhere I go that has the "perfect" house :) Landon's big thing today was the beautiful necklace he made at church - they learned the story of the candy cane - and also because he finally got his replacement fish from when Gold died - a fish he won at the school festival that lasted almost a whole week :) The funniest thing was we were walking through Pet Smart and Landon's saying, "Can we flush them?" "We might flush them mommy." "If they die I want to flush them" and so forth and so on. Mike stressed so much over the death of the last fish because of having to tell Landon, but Landon is so cool about it all. I am just hoping if we have dead fish they will be in the next 2 weeks and we can take them back for a replacement :) Hee - I am terrible. So anyways - we now have one orange goldfish and one that is white with black and orange. I thought we should get a Beta, but being the sweet brother he is, Landon insisted on getting two so Zach could have one (maybe it was to raise his chances of getting to "flush").

Well we hung the last of our beautiful wreaths on the windows with candle lights in the middle tonight. The weather is so funny, this morning and the last few days have been freezing and then today was a beautiful day. We watched Ally and Andrew this afternoon/evening so their parents could enjoy a Christmas party and the kids had a blast playing outside until the terrible no-see-ums decided to take their frustrations out on the kiddos.

Well, all in all the weekend was uneventful and enjoyable. Not much to report HA! though I can type a lot. We did think we would be taking Landon to the hospital because he fell and hurt his knee, but I think he has just bruised it and it seems to be getting better. Daddy gave him a miracle Epsom Salt bath which helped a great deal.

Well as for the week ahead - Look out for Tuesday as we will be having our third and possibly last ultrasound of little Boo. I know a name really should be chosen. I am heading to the books right after this. Also, I am praying that I will have our Christmas card to the printer this week since we are so close to Christmas. Maybe even a slideshow on here of the best of 2008.

Take care ~ ~ ~ How do you like the monkeys?

3 comments:

  1. The monkeys look great!

    I love the bit about Landon wanting to flush the new fish down the toilet! Too Cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many times have you written my daughter's name? :)

    Funny stories!

    ReplyDelete