Thursday, August 30, 2012

Banana Crumb Muffins

Well, the kitchen has gotten a little out of hand lately and it is time to get back on track. Anyone else had a problem with bananas lasting these days? I guess it depends on how you prefer them, I prefer them more green than ripe - my boys want no color changes or mushy 'nanners and so with that I have got 4 dieting bananas on my counter - so today's  recipe to try are these Banana Crumb Muffins since I have no nuts available for Banana Nut Bread and those look tasty. I like to make things to have in the freezer ready for when the boys need a snack, a little something extra for breakfast, guest come to visit, etc. After they back I place them in freezer proof bags and refrigerate all but enough a day or so. I usually prefer to do minis for the kids....This should be a hit with my boys! I have been on a honey kick lately - so I am altering the recipe I found and adding honey. Did you know that honey is a natural energy booster along with other benefits ... look for a blog to come on the benefits of honey!

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 bananas, mashed
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon butter

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups or mini cups, or line with muffin papers.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, honey, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
  3. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment